Course: WISE STEPS Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Training Type: Online
Duration: 3 Hours
Date: 5th November 2020
Status: Fully booked
Over 6000 people take their own lives in the UK each year. There is a clear need to help those with thoughts of suicide to stay alive.
Designed, developed and delivered by Forward For Life and Common Unity, WISE STEPS Suicide Prevention Training is an online ‘gatekeeper’ training session utilising knowledge gained from life saving programmes including the highly regarded SCHEMA Suicide Prevention one day course.
How you benefit from the WISE STEPS Workshop
- Understand the impact of suicide and the stigma surrounding suicide.
- Gain a knowledge of the common myths and misconceptions.
- Have a strong base line knowledge of how to identify those at risk.
- Gain skills in open and direct dialogue on suicide.
- Direct those at risk to appropriate support organisations.
- Knowledge of local and national support resources.
- Increased confidence in supporting a person who may be at risk of suicide.
- Understand the vital importance of self-care and personal support opportunities.
Book a place
Sorry but there are no more places available on this day.
To discuss our future training dates, what we can offer or to book a session for your organisation please get in touch
About the facilitators:
Terry Rigby (Forward For Life) and Caron Thompson (Common Unity) are recognised Suicide Prevention Trainers with 50 years combined experience of working in the mental health, suicide prevention and wellbeing sector both in a strategic and operational capacity.
Since 2012, Terry and Caron have delivered suicide prevention training on behalf of Birmingham and Solihull NHS, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council, Dudley Borough Council and Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Partnership Trust. Training has also been delivered across the UK to private sector and national charitable organisations including IBM, Crisis, GazProm, McDonalds, National Express and BetFred.
Since they began co-facilitating, over 3000 people have benefited from learning suicide prevention skills through Caron and Terry via a range of training programmes and events.